chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are a chocolate-chip cookie lover then this recipe is a must-try! These cookies are so moist and delicious and perfect chewing at the same time.
Makes 12 cookies.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4oz milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
4oz dark chocolate chunk, or your preference of mix-in
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
2. Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
3. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to over mix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies)
4. Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30minutes. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavour will be.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Scoop the dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches of space between cookies on all sides.
7. Bake for 12-15minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
8. Cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Tasty.co