Jalapeno popper mummies
We've never met a mummy we didn't like... even if they're a little bit haunted. These jalapeno popper treats are cheesy, spicy, and super easy to make. Bring them to your next Halloween party, or make them for a tasty night in! No matter what, make sure to post them on the FoodPic app with #freakyfoodie!
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and pith/ seeds removed (use rubber gloves so your hands don't burn from the jalapeño). Leave the stem if you can on some or all of the halves.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (Pillsbury works perfectly)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Candy eyeballs (can be purchased at Michael's or on Amazon)
Preheat oven 400° F.
In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese,cheddar cheese, green onion and salt until well blended.
Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (not triangles) with a perforation in the middle of each. Press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Using a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 10 long pieces lengthwise.
Fill each jalepeño half with the cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, leaving a space for the eyes. Use two pieces of dough if necessary.
Brush with egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the eyes into the cheese where the opening is. Served best while warm!
Enjoy and take a pic!
Recipe adapted from www.thehopelesshousewife.com