Pea Pesto penne with Shrimp & Pancetta
This tasty pasta dish will make everyone happy this Patty's Day. It is loaded with delicious real ingredients and powerful nutrients and boom, you have a hearty meal for everyone to enjoy. (Oh and did we mention it goes great with a nice cold beer.) Be sure to tag us in your #Pasta pics on FoodPic and leave a comment below!
Serves 4, Cook Time 30minutes
1/2cup Pancetta, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2/3 Sweet Onion, sliced
1 cup Green Peas, frozen
8-12pcs Cooked Shrimp, Medium size
1pkg Penne Pasta
2tbsp Olive Oil
1/2cup Pesto Sauce, prepared
1/2tsp Salt, to taste
1/2tsp Ground Pepper, to taste
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté olive oil and onions and garlic over medium heat for 2-3mins until fragrant. Add in pancetta and cook until crisp. Add in frozen peas and cook until heated. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add shrimp to pan. Sauté until cooked, 2-3 mins per side.
4. Add vegetables and pancetta to shrimp and stir. Add pesto and heat for 2-3mins.
5. Add cooked penne pasta to pan. Mix and serve.
Are you a vegetarian? Omit the pancetta and shrimp and add in 1/2 sautéed zucchini.
Photo and recipe adapted from thegirlonbloor.com